This industry is very competitive. Let me guess. Your house burnt down and you have four different companies knocking at your door saying they are the best and will take care of you more than anyone else. Doesn't mean it's not true. But doesn't mean it's right, either. What to do in this situation?
Honestly the best thing to do it hear them out, but ask a LOT of questions. Here are my recommendations:
- Why choose you over anyone else or over who the insurance company is referring?
- Who's going to be in charge of this project?
- How much experience do you have in fire losses?
- Are you just the mitigation company, or do you handle everything from beginning to end?
- Who is involved in your company, and what is their expertise?
- Will you work well with my adjuster?
- Have you worked with this insurance company before?
- What's a realistic timeline?
- Can you show me some good testimonials?
You, as the homeowner should be comfortable and trust that they have your best interest in place and plan on putting the most back into your home or business. Every company should always offer to help and answer questions honestly, whether you choose them or not. Having a good reputation is going to matter in the long run, but some companies are out there to close you and handle things after. This is not the way it should be.